Sunday, February 20, 2011

You Make My Heart Beet


Just wanted to share with you some photos from the Valentine's Day dinner I had with the Mangesters last Monday. It was Michaela's night to host, but as it was "holiday", we all rose to the occasion and brought a little something extra. We had decided to make it a formal affair, and once we had all arrived in our best, we were given hand-made and decorated menus made by Bonnie and Alberto describing the meal to come...

"Stop Being So Mâche-y": Mâche salad with balsamic vinagrette
"Hearts on Fire": Roasted red pepper bruschetta with goat cheese
"You Make My Heart Beet": House made ravioli stuffed with beets and ricotta cheese
"You Make My Heart Melt": Chocolate Covered Strawberries 

We dined by candle light, and in between the dinner and dessert Lauren brought a heart shaped goat cheese that we ate while Cristella and Kristen distributed the valentines they had made for everyone. Bonnie had cut out a bunch of pink hearts our of thick paper, and instructed us all to write one thing we love about each person at the table and that we would then exchange them at the end. It was one of my favorite Valentine's Day's ever. What a wonderful group of people.  


Table shot: Pepper appetizers on the left, homemade ravioli's on the right
Cristella

Ana and I

Mmm..cheese.
Michaela and Bonnie
Alberto and Lauren
Michaela reading her from-the-heart comments

What I love about all my friends...
For dessert I brought an apple crumble that we ate with the strawberries.

Lots of love!
Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment